Very well said! I couldn’t agree more.
Each and every one of us should post this on our websites, blogs, etc.
THE INDIE AUTHOR MANIFESTO by Mark Coker @ Smashwords:
THE INDIE AUTHOR MANIFESTO
We indie authors believe all writers are created equal, that all writers are endowed with natural creative potential, and that writers have an unalienable right to exercise, explore and realize their potential through the freedom of publication.
I hold these truths to be self-evident:
- I am an indie author
- I have experienced the pleasure and satisfaction that comes from self-publishing
- I have a right to publish
- My creative control is important to me. I decide when, where and how my writing graduates to become a published book.
- Indie does not mean “alone.” I choose my partners.
- I shall not bow beholden or subservient to any publisher. In my business relationships, I seek partnership, fairness, equity and mutually aligned interests.
- We indie…
View original post 118 more words
It happens. There are only so many ideas floating around out there. Sometimes I’ll read a scene in a book and think that It’s similar to something in one of my WIPs. And yet I know I penned it before I read it in this person’s book.
Thanks. I know it’s inevitable, but it just feels weird when it happens. I’m glad I’m not the only one it happens to.