This summer had its ups and downs, but thanks to Kristin Smith, it ended on a high note. Kristin nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks so much, Kristin!
Kristin is a writer of contemporary romance and YA who blogs about her writing and her busy life chasing after her five boys. She is warm and funny with a wonderful sense of humor. You can visit her at Swords and Stilettos.
The rules for accepting this award are to list 7 random facts about yourself and then nominate 15 bloggers you’ve recently begun following. So here we go….
7 Random Facts:
- I’ve kissed the Blarney Stone.
- I once sang as part of a backup chorus group for Judy Collins.
- One of my favorite pastimes as a kid was climbing trees.
- I love to do jigsaw puzzles.
- My favorite dessert is butterscotch pudding pie with homemade graham cracker crust and whipped cream.
- My favorite song is Come Sail Away by Styx.
- I believe in fairies.
Since I’ve only been blogging for a few months, pretty much all of the blogs on my list are recent follows, so here are my nominations:
- Constantine — I met Cathrina Constantine by way of the Friday Celebrate the Small Things blog hop. Not only is she an author, but she helps out other authors by featuring them on her site.
- Laeken Zea Kemp — Laeken is a fellow Indie publisher who blogs about her writing and her publishing journey.
- Susan Says — Susan is a writer of fantasy, romance, and science fiction, all things I like.
- Write of Passage — I’ve found some great tips and writing advice here, and keep going back for more.
- Lit Chic — Kylie is another fantasy writer and self-publisher that I follow to learn more about the process.
- A Writer’s Life For Me — Home of romance author Mishka Jenkins who blogs about her writing and other things.
- Disregard the Prologue — Kate Sparkes recently self-published her YA fantasy, Bound, which I very much enjoyed.
- Pushing the Pen — Heather is an aspiring writer and Insecure Writer’s Support Group friend.
- Chapter TK — TK writes poetry and thought-provoking posts about her childhood and society today.
- Bemuzin’ — Sammy D.’s blog is full of hilarious posts about her life and various musings.
- Faeries, Dragons, & Spaceships — With a blog name like that, how could I not follow? Marie writes fantasy and science fiction, which is, of course, right up my alley.
- Often Clueless, Always Shoeless — Olivia is another fantasy writer who blogs about her writing adventures.
- Doorway Between Worlds — Sue’s blog posts about grammar and communication issues are highly entertaining.
- Hungry Enough To Eat Six! — Nancy’s blog contains many mouth-watering recipes and she also writes about her life and various other things.
- Diary of an Aspiring Writer — NJ Magas’ writes book reviews and other posts that never fail to crack me up.
And that’s it for this time around. I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do. Thanks again to Kristin Smith for the award!
© Lori L. MacLaughlin and Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams, 2014. All rights reserved.
Congratulations, Lori! I have enjoyed following your blog and reading your posts. I find your Celebrate the Small Things quite inspirational and look forward to them each week.
I visited the Blarney Stone, but was too chicken to lie on my back and slither down that scary side to kiss it. And Judy Collins? Would like to see a post on that experience 🙂 There’s always a jigsaw puzzle on the table at our gatherings with aunts, uncles and cousins.
Thank you, Lori for nominating me. I’ve never received the Versatile Blogger Award and especially appreciate it because I try to be versatile in my writing topics. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have given myself permission decide whether and when I respond to awards. I will certainly let you know if I do a post about this one.
A couple of your other nominees look intriguing to me, and I will go visit them now.
Thank you! Yes, the method to kissing the Blarney Stone was not what I expected, but I couldn’t go all the way to Ireland and not do it. I don’t know that it’s helped me in the gift of gab department, though. 🙂 The Judy Collins concert was one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments. Maybe I will do a post on it sometime. I look forward to reading your post, if/when you decide to do it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congrats on the award, Lori! I love the fact about Judy Collins, I am sure that was an interesting experience. And thank you very much for the nomination, I really appreciate it. I will likely accept, but it may take a while for me to find the time to do it while completing my course. 🙂
I love hearing about new blogs when these awards happen – I’ll be sure to check out these intriguing new places. Something I was wondering, Lori – do you follow the Blogger blogs through WordPress, or through another tool? I’m trying to manage all of my blog reading, and was curious if you had a recommendation, especially after completing A-Z.
Thank you, and you’re welcome! I don’t think there’s any real time frame to these awards. You’re free to accept them if and when you like. It took me three weeks to get my post out. The Judy Collins concert was a special moment, and it was a lot of fun.
I do follow the Blogger blogs through the WordPress reader. I copy and paste the Web address into the “Blogs I Follow” list and click the Follow button, and the posts appear in my reader. I just wish I had time to read them all properly and comment.
Thank you for the nomination. It’s so kind of you. I can’t believe the things we have in common. I love jigsaw puzzles and climbed trees all the time growing up. I would always go higher than anyone. And I loved butterscotch pudding. I’ll be accepting the award on my blogpost on Monday. Have a good weekend.
You’re welcome! It’s funny, isn’t it? If you love butterscotch pudding, you’ll love it even more in a graham cracker crust pie. It’s the best! I’m looking forward to reading your acceptance post.
I loved reading your random facts, and thanks so much for your kind words! Sorry it took me so long to get over here! So cool that you sang in a back-up chorus for Judy Collins—I’d love to hear that story!
Thanks! I just wrote a post on my Judy Collins experience. I’ll be back over to visit your blog shortly.
Congrats on the award! I particularly like #7 of your list of facts about you. 🙂
Thanks! My daughter likes that one, too.
Thanks for the nomination. I don’t post these on my blog, but I do like to answer in a comment when I get the chance. Here are seven random facts about TK
1. The town I grew up in had a population of 600 and a gas station that closed at 10pm
2. There is a Catholic priest in my family
3. I used to work as a self-proclaimed online dating expert
4. My dream is to have a library like in The Beauty and The Beast
5. I think Tangled is better than Frozen
6. I’m obsessed with the Final Fantasy video games
7. My wildest dream is to be an author.
Thanks again for the nomination!
Thanks for posting your random facts! I enjoyed reading them. I definitely agree with #5. I would love a library like The Beast’s, and #7 is mine, too. 🙂
Thank you, and thanks for visiting!
Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award | Doorway Between Worlds