Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly celebration created by VikLit and now hosted by Lexa Cain to celebrate the happenings of the week, however small or large. You can learn all about it and sign up for it here.
This has been one of those up and down weeks — the typical author rollercoaster. Still, there are positives to celebrate, even in the midst of disappointments.
- A book giveaway and blog hop — one of the good things. My book is included in a giveaway/blog hop over at Rockin’ Book Reviews. Enter to win a free print copy of Lady, Thy Name Is Trouble!
- The local cable channel TV interview — definitely a positive. It was fun, and I think it sounded okay, though I haven’t seen the footage. I’ll put up a link when it goes on the air.
- The library book signing — very slow. Nobody came in specifically for the event. However, I did sell a book to one of the people who works at the library. She bought it for a friend who is a writer who likes fantasy, in hopes of inspiring her to take the leap into self-publishing.
- The sales report received from Ingram/Spark for last month — good and bad. Six print books and two e-books sold, but twelve print books were returned. I think Barnes & Noble finally returned the leftovers they had from my July book signing. If they only returned twelve, though, that means eighteen must have sold, since they originally ordered thirty. I’m considering that a success for the first book from a completely unknown author.
- On the home front: started some much-needed fall house cleaning. Definitely good.
- Finally got my lawn mowed. Also good, though I had to take the lawn mower apart and WD-40 the power cord pulley to get it to work. That was a pain, but that fact that I got it back together and it worked was very satisfying.
What other celebrations are going on out there?
© Lori L. MacLaughlin and Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams, 2015. All rights reserved.